Sunday, 28 September 2014

September's Chic Treat Box

(This review will also be featured on Chunk.ie)


This is my second box from Chic Treat Club and I'm so delighted with it! I've been with other beauty boxes in the past and been gipped with perfume samples and satches of cream that I could pick up for free at a cosmetics counter or in a magazine. Chic Treat Club always have fantastic sized products, a lot of the time they're even full sized like in this month's box. Here's my review of this month's products.





My favourite product from this month's box is Balmi. I discovered this lip balm during the Summer and it's been a handbag staple of mine ever since ( I recently mentioned it in my Make Up Bag piece). It has SPF and UVA protection and is made with soothing Shea butter and Jojoba oil. They come in 4 flavours : Coconut, Raspberry, Strawberry and Mint, and look super cute. I find they last a lot longer then the chapsticks I used to use as they're chunky and don't smush when you put the lid on. This month I received a Strawberry Balmi and have it safely tucked away in my make up bag as I still have loads left in my Coconut Balmi that I bought in July which always lives in whatever handbag I have on me.



My second favourite product is the Sleek Kajal eyeliner in Odyssey purple. I have grey eyes and purple is a colour that I find really compliments the tones and flecks of green in them. It's really slick and easy to apply and I will definately get a lot of use out of it.



The next product I was happy to see was Sleek Pout Paint but unfortunately after trying it on I found the shade 'Milkshake' washed me out. I have very pale skin and would usually wear a vibrant colour on my lips as a contrast to my complexion. Milkshake would suit someone with a tanned skin tone and I'll have to test it out on some friends with gorgeous golden skin.



Also in the box was Solaroil by CND which is an award winning nail conditioner. I haven't tried it out yet but I've heard nothing but rave reviews and can't wait to give it a go.




The last item is Cuticura Hand Gel. My son ran away with this on me. He's constantly making a slop of himself and when he realised he could wash his sticky fingers with it he decided it was his. It's free from alcohol and a lot of chemicals found in most antibacterial hand gels and smells like cucumber.



To sum up this month's box I really loved the brands and the generous sizes the only down side was that my Pout Paint doesn't suit me which isn't a fault on the product.

Can't wait for October's box which will land around the time of my birthday :)

For more information on Chic Treat Club visit http://chictreatclub.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment